The Guernsey Sports Commission Sporting Achievement Awards are held each year to celebrate the achievements of individuals and teams that have performed to an outstanding level.
The achievements of 2021 were due to be celebrated on 6th January but the Awards evening has had to be postponed. We hope to be able to reschedule.
You can see who is shortlisted for each of the 2021 awards here
You can read all the individual citations here
See the winners of the Guernsey Sports Commission Trophy for Outstanding Performer of the Year 2010-2019 here
(no award was made in 2020)
1. Guernsey Sports Commission Trophy | The outstanding performer of the year.
2. Richard Burton Salver | Awarded for the outstanding individual sporting achievement of the year by a sportsman resident in Guernsey.
3. Guernsey Brewery Salver | Awarded for the outstanding individual sporting achievement of the year by a sportswoman resident in Guernsey.
4. Sir John Loveridge Trophy | Awarded for the sportsperson making the greatest progress in the year. There is no age limit but the person will normally be resident in Guernsey and not having won an individual Commission Trophy for the year.
5. Guernsey Sports Commission Small Team Trophy (4 competitors and Under) | Awarded for the outstanding team performance of the year to a team containing four or less competitors comprised solely of Guernsey residents.
6. Guernsey Sports Commission Team Trophy (Over 4 competitors) | Awarded for the outstanding team performance of the year containing more than four competitors comprised solely of Guernsey residents.
7. Lambourne Shield | Awarded for an outstanding individual sporting achievement of the year by a boy or girl aged not less than eleven years and not more than eighteen years of age and is a resident of Guernsey.
8. Beau Sejour Trophy | Awarded for the outstanding team performance of the year by a team comprised solely of Guernsey residents aged less than eighteen years of age.
9. Dave Dorey Memorial Trophy | Awarded to the sport or the individual from that sport who have been involved in coaching and/or development and made an outstanding contribution to that sport.
10. Sports and Nautical Events Shield | Awarded to the years outstanding event organiser. This can be an individual, an event team leader, club or association who organised a sporting or nautical event in Guernsey in 2020.
11. The Baroness Tanni-Grey Thompson Trophy |The Para-Sport Athlete with a Physical Impairement.
12. The Ferbrache & Farrell LLP Trophy | The Para-Sport Athlete with a Learning Disability.
2020 Awards - Lee Merrien
2019 Awards - Andy, Seb & Jo Priaulx
2018 Awards - Matt Le Tissier
2017 Awards - Tim Wotton
2016 Awards - Sir Richard Collas
2015 Awards - Peter Ferbrache
2014 Awards - Roger Allsopp
2013 Awards - Sue Campbell
2012 Awards - Tanni Grey-Thompson
2011 Awards - Jorgen Petterssen
2010 Awards - Josh Lewsey
2009 Awards - Katharine Merry
2008 Awards - Steve Cram
2007 Awards - Steve Smith
2006 Awards - Austin Healey
2005 Awards - David Hemery