The Guernsey Sports Commission has a team of experienced and passionate staff working in schools helping to provide a positive and inclusive experience of PE and sport. We work with all children throughout their primary school education.
We do this by:
- Developing teachers’ understanding and knowledge of Fundamental Movement Skills and Sport
- Developing our own practice by learning from teachers
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality Physical Activity in schools by helping to upskill teachers
- Promoting the diversity of Sport and Physical Activity
- Ensuring a fun and positive experience of PE for all
- Signposting sporting activities outside of school and identifying opportunities for greater participation
- Funding sporting opportunities for individual children where cost is a barrier
- Acting as a positive role model for teachers and children
Speak to your school’s PE and Sport Development Officer to find out more about what we do and how we can help foster a lifelong love of sport and physical activity in your child.
You can also download a copy of our information leaflet here.